Sunday, January 31, 2010

Getting the shakes.

Jealous to no end...

It's been a while since I've strapped on my skates. I'm dying to get back on the ice. The months been tight though, and I haven't been willing to make it more so by throwing down a 10 spot for an hour and a half in the rinks. I keep hoping and praying for some seriously frozen weather to no avail too. There is a bit of freeze going on right now, but will it last long enough? The forecast is doubtful on the front!

This is not to say I've been sitting around not working toward my ultimate goal of league play in the summer. My wife and I are regularly hitting the gym in our apartment complex and making good with what little equipment there is available, or even functional. I'm on a bit of a cardio kick as of late and have been trying to re-gear my efforts into strength training after 15 minutes of hard cardio, be it running on the tread or stepping it out on the elliptical. Being able to use the bike on site would be great, if only it wasn't inop. With some core workouts gleaned from one of my best friends, who just so happens to be a Drill Sergeant at the moment, we make the best of the time and equipment and the results have been promising so far.

The workouts are great, but they're not enough...I need to get my stick on the ice and compete for the puck. I expect I'll try and get out to Rockville by the end of this week to get some stick and ice time though. If only that canal would harden up again...

No comments:

Post a Comment